2014 OFFICIAL PROGRAM
Download the 2014 Official Program here 2014 Discover Dunkeld Official Program.
To recieve the official Discover Dunkeld Program annually, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A great reminder to see what’s happeneing at our fantastic event! Rest assured that subscribers will only be emailed the Program, no other ‘junk’!
2014 FESTIVAL EVENTS
- A Night of Broadway in the Bush – Big city lights meet rustic country charm, as five entertainers from Melbourne’s major theatre companies grace the board of Devon Park’s woolshed to perform classics from the world’s biggest musicals. An evening of dazzling entertainment at one of Dunkeld’s most historic properties, the perfect excuse for a night out with friends! A drink and canapés on arrival. Drinks available for purchase during the night. Date: Friday 17 October. Venue: Devon Park , 1485 Blackwood-Dunkeld Rd, Dunkeld. Time: 7.30pm for am 8pm start. Price: $35p/p. Bookings essential. Book online at www.trybooking.com/102827 More info – P: 0400 171 558. Download the poster here – A Night of Broadway in the Bush.
- Market in the Park – Food, wine, art, craft & more - A carefully selected line up of the region’s finest producers and artisans set in the beautiful Memorial Park. Sample regional food, wine and beer producers, whilst marveling at the finest art, sculpture, clothing and craft exhibitors. Live Music - Regional talent, live on the big stage. Kick back on the park lawns, take in the view as the sun shines on the picturesque Grampians, relax to live music and sample the region’s finest food, beer and wine! Feel free to bring a rug or a chair! Fun kid’s activities – While you enjoy the market’s and music, the kids can enjoy an array of activities designed to keep them busy all day! Date: Saturday October 18. Time: 10am -4pm. Venue: Dunkeld Memorial Park, Glenelg Highway, Dunkeld. Price: Gold coin donation. More info – P: 0488 190 842, or E: email@example.com.
- Mosaic to Mountain FUN RUN – A challenging 10km run, 5km run, or 5km walk, taking in the spectacular views of the Grampians National Park. An energetic way to start a day of indulgence, with all events concluding at the Discover Dunkeld Market in the Park. An all abilities event, great prizes on offer and a lot of fun! Proceeds to the Dunkeld Kindergarten. Venue – Behind the Dunkeld Information Centre, Salt Creek, Dunkeld. Time: 8am registrations. Price: Entry fees from $5-$35. Online bookings available at https://mosaictomountain2014.eventbrite.com.au. Early bird registrations available. On the day entries accepted. More info – P: 0419 307 967, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, or W: www.discoverdunkeld.com/mosaic-to-mountain. Dowload the poster here M2M Fun Run 2014 Poster.
- Victorian Fashion Parade & High Tea – ‘The Things We Do’, a Victorian era fashion extravaganza from days gone by, showcasing original fashion items for various occupations, sporting pursuits, entertainment or family events. Be seated for an indulgent High Tea, as presenters and models take you for a walk through the pages of fashion history. Presented by the Dunkeld Museum. Date: Saturday October 18. Time: 2.30pm . Venue: Dunkeld Bowling Club, Parker Street, Dunkeld. Price: $25. Bookings essential, numbers strictly limited. No bookings available on the day. Tickets available at Dunkeld’s Cafe 109, The Dunkeld General Store or Izzy’s Mountain View Cafe, or by phoning Terrie or Wendy on the following contacts. More info – P: Terrie 03 5573 3353, or Wendy 03 5577 2386. Download the poster here Dunkeld Museum Vcitorian Fashion Parade & High Tea Poster.
- The Dunkeld Museum – Discover Dunkeld’s colourful past with artefacts, original photographs and memorabilia that tell the story of Aboriginal inhabitants, Major Mitchell’s explorations, the beginnings of the wool industry, the effects of the World Wars on the Dunkeld district and more. Date & Time: 10am-4pm Saturday 18 October & 1pm-5pm Sunday 19 October.Venue: The Dunkeld Museum, Cnr Templeton & Wills Street, Dunkeld. Price $5 p/adult & $3 p/child.
- Royal Mail Hotel Food & Wine Showcase – Experience one of Victoria’s premier dining destinations with an afternoon of relaxed indulgence. Enjoy samples of wines from Australia’s biggest wine collection, matched with tastes of the famed Royal Mail Hotel kitchen. Date: Saturday October 18. Venue: Royal Mail Hotel, Parker Street, Dunkeld. Time: 3pm-4pm. Price: $20p/p. Bookings recommended – numbers strictly limited. More info – P: 03 5577 2241, E: email@example.com, or W: www.royalmail.com.au.
- The Country Drive-In Spectacular – From dusk onwards, grab a bite to eat, snuggle-up and relax at the ‘drive-in movies’. Enjoy the Australian classic “The Man from Snowy River, with the dramatic Grampians National Park as the backdrop. Delicious food and drinks, fresh popcorn and fairy floss available. Bring a picnic blanket , or relax in your car for an old fashioned evening of fun and nostalgia for all ages. Date: Saturday October 18. Time: Gates open 6.45pm, screening at 8pm. Venue: Dunkeld Primary School, Victoria Valley Road, Dunkeld. Price: $25 p/car pre sale, $35 p/car on the night. On-line bookings available at www.dunkeld.vic.edu.au. More info – P: 0459 774 624, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, or W: www.dunkeld.vic.edu.au. Download the poster here Country Drive-In Spectaular Poster.
- WheelFun – Suitable for both the serious cyclist or a relaxed family ride, WheelFun is a recreational road bike ride over 3 distances. 90km for those who like a real challenge, 60km for those who enjoy a ride with a bit extra, and a reasonably easy 22km for the family. For riders aged 12 and over. BBQ and coffee available for purchase. Date: Sunday October 19. Time: 8am registrations for a 9.00am start. Venue: Dunkeld Memorial Park. Price: $25-$50 p/p. Early bird registrations available. More info –E: email@example.com, P: 0414 463 013, or W: www.dunkeldadventure.com.au. Dowlaod the poster here WheelFun 2014 Poster. And why not stay on for the WheelFun after-party, hosted by the CFA and featuring fun kid’s activties, performances by local musician Kayla Dwyer and Bushfire Safety presentations. Download the flyer here Kayla Dwyer WheelFun After Party Poster.